Not every meal has to take copious amounts of prep time nor be 100% clean.
You don’t even always have to be a whiz in the kitchen.
That’s right. You can make a healthy, delicious, low-calorie meal even if you suck at cooking! Who woulda thunk it?!?
Sausage w/ Peppers and Onions
There are so many great things about a meal like this!
- It works for breakfast, lunch or dinner
- Easy to cook
- Almost zero prep time is required
- Is relatively inexpensive
Not to mention it scales easily if you want to make enough for left-overs! It clocks in at about 385 calories and provides approx 30 grams of protein/4 grams of fiber/30 grams of carbs. What more can you ask for?
Prep Time = 5 Mins Cook Time = 10 Mins Total Time = 15 Mins
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 1 package (4 count) of Sweet Italian Style Chicken Sausage
- 1 package of pre-cut peppers/onions*
- 1 tbsp BBQ sauce
* Note – Most stores have started catering to the
lazy busy and sell pre-cut veggies… so if you aren’t keen on slicing onions and de-seeding peppers this is definitely the way to go. If your store sucks and doesn’t sell pre-packaged kitchen salvation then grab a green pepper, a yellow pepper, a red pepper and an onion and get to slicing!